Guild
    Fatigue
    Server
    Nagrand
    Region
    US
    Blog Entries

Mists: Critical Damage multipliers

I started working on testing critical damage multipliers last night.

Test setup:
    Cast FS, EM, Ascendance, then spam Lava Burst. Discard lowest burst hit as the initial cast without clearcasting up.

Repeat with/without helm on (which contains the chaotic meta).

Average critical hits, then divide by temporary damage buffs. Compare to spellbook damage.

Without the meta, I get 250%, which is as expected. With the meta I get ~267% (confirmed in two different test runs). Need to get data from healing spells or other casters without a crit damage bonus. Will post a copy of my test data when I get home.

I've not done all the warlock spells just yet, but here's three spells to get it started. I tested all of them using my 86 warlock on an 80 training dummy. I removed the helm, which has a Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (+54 Int & +3% increased critical effect), for the purpose of testing the gem. I also removed my staff, cloak, and some trinkets that were causing me to pause in between spellcasts because of procs.

[link] - Google Doc spreadsheet of recorded numbers, in case I continue with other spells.

For Immolate, I just recorded the different ticks, since it was ticking the same two numbers a lot. For Conflag & Incinerate, I listed a whole ton of values, then averaged them all together for the regular hits, then averaged them all together for the critical hits, and then did the % from the averages.

I skipped Soul Fire, since it always crits and the damage is increased by my critical chance.

As far as I can tell, warlocks don't have a baseline +critical damage passive. Destro locks do not, for the most part.

Conflagrate
    Helm: 204.05% crit to hit (25 crits, 87 hits)
    No helm: 200.01% crit to hit (21 crits, 104 hits)

Incinerate
    Helm: 206.07% crit to hit (20 crits, 76 hits)
    No helm: 200.13% crit to hit (20 crits, 88 hits)

Immolate
    Helm: 206.02% crit to hit (6104-5 for crits, 2962-3 for hits)
    No helm: 200.02% crit to hit (5543-4 or crits, 2771-2 for hits)

Character
    Binkenstein
    Guild
    Fatigue
    Server
    Nagrand
    Region
    US
    Blog Entries
    Ok, so it looks like it goes 1.03 * 2.00 = 2.06 for base crit multipliers as we expected.

Going to re-run my testing again tonight to see whether 2.67 is correct or not.

Character
    Binkenstein
    Guild
    Fatigue
    Server
    Nagrand
    Region
    US
    Blog Entries
    Ok, so something was up with my testing/calculations yesterday, as today it comes out at a nice 259% which was what I was expecting ( ( ( 1.03 * 2.00 ) - 1.00 ) * 1.50 ) + 1.00 = 2.59 which is the same calculation behavior we've seen in previous expansions.