Echo of the Elements testing
Need the following:
- Tests using large sessions of LB spam as Enhancement or Restoration to test proc rate
- Tests as above but with Elemental, no mastery gear equipped and careful notes on how many lightning bolts are cast (possibly even wait a short time between casts) to test whether Echo procs off overloads
- Tests with Flame Shock to see whether Echo duplicates ticks, the whole dot, or does not affect the dot portion of the spell at all
Enter data into this google spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ldSVmFvLTBWUHc
A very quick manual count from me on a piece of paper came at:
- As resto, out of 300 LB casts, 19 procs.
- About 200 FS ticks, no proc, tooltip also says direct damage or healing. Test sample was only around 25 casts of flame shock, didn't see the initial application proccing, but doesn't say much ofcourse.
- As Elemental, 0 mastery rating, showing still 13 mastery (26% chance):
-- Manual LB casts: 300
-- Echo: 14
-- Overload: 78
-- Overload Echo: 6
Screenshot of the Echo overload:
I'm guessing bigger test samples are needed, seeing the 19/300 (resto), 14/300 (elem without overload procs), and 20/378 (elem with overload procs), but this should give an idea already.
Edit: the 13 mastery is because of the 5 mastery from Grace of Air we have passive now, although not visibile as a buff yet.
Edit2: although not really related, but talentwise Call of the elements is currently not resetting the FE cooldown. <--because it only affects totems with a CD of under 5 minutes /Binks
Last edited by Geryaki; 27-03-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Reason: Binks correcting something
Need larger test sets than that, in the order of 500+ (or many more test sets)
Did another batch as resto, with 1000 LB casts, i had 58 Echo procs.
Did a small batch as resto : 300 HW casts - 20 procs. More tomorrow.
Based on something datamined by WoWDB it's 6%, although that has now changed to 100% so I think it's going to have an internal cooldown so that it's as useful to Enh as Ele/Resto
A simple question.
Whats the relationship between overload procs and echos?And the DTR procs?
Which situation will happen among these:echo overload,overload echo,echo echo?
From Geryaki's post,I see overload echo(in the pic),so is there any more info about other cases？
DTR procs off both the normal spell and overloads.
ie: Normal Cast (can cause DTR proc), Overload (can cause DTR proc). DTR procs cannot cause Overload procs themselves. We expect this will be the same behaviour for Echo, as it prevents massive burst chains