Fatigue
    Server
    Nagrand
    Region
    US
    Blog Entries

Maths of Pandaria: Data Collection

Hello Beta Testers,

We're going to need some data to assess which glyphs/talents to use. To that end, we're going to need many combat logs of various spells so we can confirm co-efficients, and then build the testbed spreadsheet to compare glyphs/etc. I'll expand this out later today so you know what I need.

Confirm:
    • Elementals
      • Coefficients
      • Cast frequencies
      • Primal Elemental channel bonuses behaviour
    • Elemental Blast
      • Is the buff +5 mastery?
      • Now that it costs zero mana, does it consume clearcasting charges, and does it benefit from them?
    • Glyph of Unleashed Lightning
      • How does the -haste value work into the calculations?

Also, if you're a beta tester, and want to help out with updating details in the Wiki, let me know and I'll get an account set up for you.
    Binks.

Character
    Catlyst
    Server
    Azuremyst
    Region
    US
    Talent Changes

Tier 6 Talents

Unleashed Fury - Your elemental weapon imbues are empowered, granting additional effects when triggered with Unleash Weapon:
    Flametongue Weapon - Increases the enemy target's damage taken from your Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst abilities by 25% for 10 sec.
    Windfury Weapon - For 8 sec, your melee auto-attacks can trigger Static Shock.
    Earthliving Weapon - When you use Unleash Elements on an ally, you are also healed for double the amount of healing done.
    Frostbrand Weapon - You leech heat from the enemy target, gaining 50% movement speed for 4 sec.
    Rockbiter Weapon - You take 40% reduced damage from the enemy target for 5 sec.
    Primal Elementalist - Your Earth and Fire Elemental Totems draw forth powerful primal elementals directly from the elemental planes. These servitors are 50% more powerful than regular elementals, act as pets directly under your control, and gain additional abilities.
    Primal Fire Elemental
    Fire Blast - Instant - 6 sec cooldown - Inflicts Fire damage to an enemy.
    Fire Nova - 2 sec cast - 10 sec cooldown - Inflicts Fire damage to nearby enemies.
    Immolate - 2 sec cast - 10 sec cooldown - Burns an enemy, then inflicts additional Fire damage every 3 sec. for 21 sec.
    Empower - Instant (Channeled) - 10 sec cooldown - Empowers the elemental's creator with fiery energy, increasing all damage dealt by 5% while the channel continues.
    Primal Earth Elemental
    Angered Earth - Instant 5 sec cooldown - Taunts and causes additional high threat to all enemies within 15 yards.
    Pulverize - Instant - 40 sec cooldown - Smashes an enemy with a rocky fist, dealing 150% of the damage of a normal attack, and stunning the target for 4 sec.
    Harden Skin - Instant - 60 sec cooldown - The caster's skin hardens into pure granite, reducing all damage taken by 40% for 10 sec.
    Reinforce - Instant (Channeled) - 10 sec cooldown - Surrounds the elemental's creator with an earthen shield, reducing all damage taken by 20% while the channel continues.
    Elemental Blast - 2 sec cast - 12 sec cooldown - Harness and direct the raw power of the elements towards an enemy target, dealing 0 Elemental damage and increasing the caster's Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery by 5% for 8 sec.

New Talents

Conductivity - When you cast Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, Healing Surge, or Lightning Bolt on a target located within your Healing Rain, allies standing within the Healing Rain share healing equal to 20% of the initial damage or healing done.

This has apparently replaced Fortifying Waters.

I don't have beta access, yet, but I'm on the list since I've got an Annual Pass. Once I get in, I'll see about getting some raw data testing done.

Until then, I've got a megapost over at MMO-Champion, in this thread here (click), where I'm trying to keep a running measure of both the current database info and the changes it's gone through (since in the past I've seen old info spring back up, I wanted to try a new system that makes it easy to see what an ability used to be and what it has been changed to).

Most of the new stuff I already have linked directly to our database as well, and I'll be trying to keep it as up to date as I can moving forward.

Character
    Binkenstein
    Guild
    Fatigue
    Server
    Nagrand
    Region
    US
    Blog Entries
    Radical: thanks for that, but it's not quite what I'm after here. Endus has a good patch note system going, I'm more looking at the underlying mechanics of stuff.

Character
    Haarne
    Guild
    Thunder Billies
    Server
    Deathwing
    Region
    US
    I haven't seen any real info posted anywhere about it yet, but the new Stormlash Totem seems promising as a raid cooldown. I can try to gather some more useful data on it later, but I observed the following about how it currently works in a couple of short tests (sorry, I didn't take off my gear or unspec for this):

- The proc chance is very high and if it has an internal cooldown, it is very short. With melee swings (DTR staff hits) it proc'd on every swing. With spells it proc'd at least every 2 seconds and possibly more often.
    - When casting, the damage from the proc was in the 7.5k-10k range. When staff meleeing, it was 4.5k-5k. The only buff difference between the two was I clicked off flametongue for the melee hits.
    - The proc can currently be duplicated by either DTR or Echo of the Elements (not sure which). I got a double proc on a melee hit.

I realize this isn't the most useful of experiments, but I thought people might want to get a vague idea for how it operates. I can investigate it more properly when I have a little more time. A 10 second buff on a 5 minute cooldown is slow going. If it matters, I had to use one of the lower level test dummies since the boss test dummy seems to have been updated to be a level 93 boss.
    Last edited by Haarne; 30-03-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binkenstein View Post
    Confirm:
    Base damage for the above
    My beta popped up in one of the recent waves, so I've got beta access to start helping with this when I can. Quick question of the above; do you want logs and such for the base values, or are naked tooltip values good enough? The latter's obviously a lot faster to come up with.

A lot of this is probably going to have to wait till the beta's a bit further along and we can test stuff at level 90, too.

Is the buff +5 mastery?
    I can confirm that to be true, here's a screenshot of my naked Dwarf character, at 13.00 Mastery.

Hey all
    Im in beta at the min with my 85 enhance ( now 86 ) shammy

ive been playing with Echo of elements a bit as enhance and when you cast Unleash elements ( with windfury and flametongue),
    it has a small chance of recasting the unleash flame half but never the unleash wind,
    Also when i cast flame shock right after Unleash elements and this ability proc'd both flame shocks were empowered

You dont get 2 sets of Flame shock dots when it procs only the initial damage
    as i say im in the beta so Binkenstein feel free to contact me if you want any info
    did the unleash elements test for almost 2 hours then lost the will to live because the proc chance is so small

Character
    Binkenstein
    Guild
    Fatigue
    Server
    Nagrand
    Region
    US
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My beta popped up in one of the recent waves, so I've got beta access to start helping with this when I can. Quick question of the above; do you want logs and such for the base values, or are naked tooltip values good enough? The latter's obviously a lot faster to come up with.

A lot of this is probably going to have to wait till the beta's a bit further along and we can test stuff at level 90, too.

I can confirm that to be true, here's a screenshot of my naked Dwarf character, at 13.00 Mastery.

That question is for Elemental Blast, not the +5 mastery aura.
    Quote Originally Posted by nozz View Post
    Hey all
    Im in beta at the min with my 85 enhance ( now 86 ) shammy

ive been playing with Echo of elements a bit as enhance and when you cast Unleash elements ( with windfury and flametongue),
    it has a small chance of recasting the unleash flame half but never the unleash wind,
    Also when i cast flame shock right after Unleash elements and this ability proc'd both flame shocks were empowered

You dont get 2 sets of Flame shock dots when it procs only the initial damage
    as i say im in the beta so Binkenstein feel free to contact me if you want any info
    did the unleash elements test for almost 2 hours then lost the will to live because the proc chance is so small
    Ok, so it procs the direct damage portion only. Need more data on proc rates.

Character
    Sental
    Guild
    Divine Intervention
    Server
    Darkspear EU
    Region
    EU
    I can confirm call of the elements does not refresh the cool down on fire elemental totem as of the current build. Also the the elemental Mastery talent still proc's the T13 2 piece. Also unconfirmed and i think needs more testing, overload seems to be doing less damage, server has just crashed before i could screenshot any combat logs.

Edit: Screenshot

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit 2:
    Done some very simple maths, could be that fury isn't counting on overloads.
    Last edited by Sental; 07-04-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Character
    Binkenstein
    Guild
    Fatigue
    Server
    Nagrand
    Region
    US
    Blog Entries
    We already knew that Call of the Elements didn't affect Fire Ele, as it notes it only affects totems with a base CD of less than 5 minutes.

Of course T13 2pc will be proc'd by EM, because that's what it does. It's the same spell, rather than being completely recreated.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the screenshot/overload statement.

Character
    Sental
    Guild
    Divine Intervention
    Server
    Darkspear EU
    Region
    EU
    my apologies about the obvious stuff. I meant to bring up that our elemental fury passive is not effecting our mastery, which I then found a couple hours later that it was again already know pretty useless information all around. If I think I see something useful next time, I will check further before posting useless information.

This might be useful, data on ancestral swiftness.

Interaction with hero
    Nothing at all - 16.68% haste
    Hero, No AS - 51.68% haste
    AS on its own - 22.51% haste
    AS and Hero - 59.27% Haste

I don't quite understand how they add haste effects, always seemed to give me more than the tool tip says. I have beta access and want to help, first time though.
    Last edited by Sental; 08-04-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Character
    Binkenstein
    Guild
    Fatigue
    Server
    Nagrand
    Region
    US
    Blog Entries
    Haste adds multiplicatively across types.It goes (1+0.1668)*(1+0.05)*(1+0.3) ie: rating * passives * hero which suggests that AS doesn't stack additively with rating/haste aura