Maths of Pandaria: DPS Caster Haste Breakpoint Cards
by, 25-07-2012 at 04:26 AM (259384 Views)
In a follow up to my previous post on Healer Haste Breakpoint Cards I've been working on Caster versions. Whether you should gear for break points, or which break points to gear for should be based upon advice from class specific guides (or if you're an Elemental Shaman player, my advice is "Don't".)
While I've endevoured to get everything correct, there may be a few things I've missed. Some may be accidental, and if I have missed something accidentally, let me know so I can update it. However there are a few intentionally missed things. For Warlocks, Glyph of Dark Soul has intentionally been left off as according to the SimulationCraft guys it's a DPS loss, and if you're worried about haste break points then that sort of stuff matters. Also, I'm not going to be considering any perpetual refresh mechanics like Glyph of Everlasting Corruption, as they are very complicated to calculate in such a simple fashion.
Before you go any further, you should probably read this blog post, Re-visiting Haste Breakpoints which goes over the fact that the idea of DPS haste breakpoints is incorrect, and you shouldn't aim for any particular one.
Also, if you found these cards useful you may want to consider donating towards server costs (see the Donation applet at the top of the page)
- Elemental Shaman do not have a card as there are no breakpoints to aim for.
- Similarly, it probably isn't worth aiming for Destruction Warlock or non-Fire Mage haste breakpoints either
- 11 March: Added Fire Mage cards, removed old 5.1 cards.
- 04 March: Added Warlock 5.2 cards.
- 01 March: Adding 5.2 cards with additional haste combinations for talents & the Sinister Primal Diamond meta gem. Added so far: Druid, Priest, new Mage Bomb cards (Fire only spells will be in their own cards)
- 13 Sept: uploaded new clearer images with same colour formatting & style as healer cards
Affliction Warlocks may want to read a blog post looking at the actual impacts of breakpoints for Affliction
Total Trackbacks 0