Maths of Pandaria: Healer Haste Breakpoint Cards
by, 17-07-2012 at 11:16 PM (340853 Views)
Public Service Announcement: This post may no longer be accurate
Twitter is a wonderful thing. Thanks to a retweet by Restokin I came across the beginnings of a Resto Druid guide by a blogger by the name of WTSHeals. The guide was very short, but what caught my attention was that they had put the haste break points into a nice neat little card format for people to read. Link
Suffice to say, I was a) impressed, and b) inspired. Binks inspired about something to do with spreadsheets? This can't be good, right? (note: the breakpoints shown above are slightly inaccurate, and Juv even mentions that they are)
Yes, it's not good. It's awesome.
You may also be interested in checking out the Healing Theory posts by Hamlet which cover more general principles of healing.
- I have decided not to show any "initial pulses" that may occur when a spell is cast, as there's no consistency to how it works. If there is an initial pulse, the only change is to add 1 to the total number of ticks. The break points as they relate to additional ticks do not change.
- Healing Stream Totem & Healing Tide Totem are currently not behaving as expected. There are extra ticks being added, due to what we think is server lag. More information can be found here
- If you found these cards useful you may want to consider donating towards server costs (see the Donation applet at the top of the page)
- 17 June 2013: Started updating for 5.4 changes. Split Resto Druid card into three parts: Soul of the Forest, Blooming & Everything Else. Expanded & split Shaman cards into Approximate Totem & Everything Else as well.
- 11 March 2013: Removed old card for Druids. Should be up to date for 5.2.
- 13 Sept: Added Mistweaver Monks & Sacred Shield to Paladins
- 31 Oct: Removed Stay of Execution & Lights Hammer from Paladins, changed to GIF format to save bandwidth
Soul of the Forest breakpoints for Rejuvenation & Wild Growth
Glyph of Blooming
Please be aware that the breakpoints for Totems are what should happen, but additional ticks will occur before these breakpoints due to server/client message processing. The cards also show the number of ticks for Totems, excluding the initial pulse. This is so the calculations match up evenly.
I give you the Healer Haste Breakpoint Cards. I'm not putting any notes onto the cards to say "go for this break point" as I don't know enough to give that sort of advice.
You will note a few minor variations between the breakpoints, which boils down to the slightly odd way in which additional ticks are calculated. The game uses Banker's Rounding to work out when a new tick is added, which essentially means that a decimal ending in 5 is rounded up or down to the nearest even number. Normal rounding will round anything ending in 5 up. Juvenate has just used the normal rounding, rather than banker's rounding, so this is why his numbers are slightly different than mine. Mine should be more accurate though.
Anyway, as I said, if you'd like to see a breakpoint card for your class/spec, let me know (preferably with the spells I need to include along with any extra considerations like Goblin racials).
In the credit where credit is due section, a fair portion of the initial haste breakpoint work came via Keldion at ElitistJerks, and there have been a few tweeks & adjustments thanks to Hamlet, Derevka and Therya in terms of calculations & layouts.
Total Trackbacks 0