• Totemspot News RSS Feed

by Published on 31-03-2014 11:27 PM
    Article Preview

I'd like to introduce you all to my latest project, SentryTotem. This is completely separate from TotemSpot, and I will of course still be managing the site here, but Sentry Totem is a new endeavor that I hope some of you will also find useful (and perhaps it can bring a bit more attention to TotemSpot, as well). In fact, some of the names you're familiar with here will also be posting on Sentry Totem - Purge, Binkenstein, and Chillbros, to name a few.

Sentry Totem is a World of Warcraft community news and advice site! Newly launched in 2014, Sentry Totem offers the latest Warcraft news coverage, guides, opinions, and more. We may be the newest, but we aim to be the biggest and best player-run news site!

We also offer something totally unique – the opportunity to get help from players at the very top of their game! Get one-on-one advice from raiders in guilds like Blood Legion, Midwinter, Duality, Pure, Something Wicked, Defenestrate, and more, as well as some of the top class theorycrafters! Odds are good that you’ve read their guides, so why not go directly to them for help? The best part is, this is completely FREE for you! Why should you have to pay to be better at a game?
    So, check it out. Of course, you'll always still be able to ask questions and get advice here, and the guides will still be here, first. ...
    by Published on 20-01-2014 10:32 PM

The FinalBoss.tv Elemental Episode featuring Leeds of Method and Tickle of Pure aired yesterday, and is now available on YouTube.

P.S. Excuse some of my ramblings, I was kinda nervous. ...
    by Published on 01-12-2013 08:31 PM

Sometime in the coming weeks, FinalBoss.tv will be doing an elemental shaman episode, tentatively featuring yours truly and *hopefully* Leeds. While I don't know what questions will be asked, you can bet that the mastery/haste issue will probably come up. Should be an interesting episode! I'll post here when I know the date.

If you're not familiar with FinalBoss, it is a web series produced by Bay of and Anafielle of . The show airs on Twitch every Sunday at 1pm PST: http://www.twitch.tv/finalbosstv or on their website http://finalboss.tv/. The show features raiders from various guilds, usually with a focus on a different class each week, but also covers world first kills and the like early in the progression race. ...
    by Published on 06-11-2013 10:42 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm sure at least some of you have noticed issues with logging in, particularly if you needed to reset your password. The hosting service has been having some server issues that have caused a few problems for the site, but they are working on fixing the problem and it should be resolved soon. I apologize for any inconvenience!

Tickle ...

• Recent Blog Posts

Binkenstein

Elemental Formulae Reference

Reference post for a bunch of formulae I've worked out recently, which should make calculating stuff a bit easier.

c = crit chance
    h = haste (1 + haste percentage)

[B]Clearcasting Uptime (% of...

Binkenstein 20-02-2014 07:25 PM
    Binkenstein

Modeling Stat Weight Changes

Hi guys, I'm back.

Yes, I re-subbed recently, have found a new raiding guild to call home, and of course have a little mathy side project going. However, I don't have as much time as I'd like,...

Binkenstein 11-02-2014 09:19 PM
    Michelangelo

Elemental Spells: The Bad

My last post here discussed some of the current amazing (CHAIN LIGHTNING) and clunky/lackluster (Earthquake, Unleashed Elements) spells at our...

Michelangelo 27-06-2013 09:49 PM
    Binkenstein

Maths of Pandaria: Elemental Haste in 5.3

After the changes to Lava Burst in 5.3 I've been looking at haste & mastery scaling, attempting to get some simple guidelines to how much of each you should have. Now, it's important to note that...

Binkenstein 11-06-2013 02:03 AM
    Michelangelo

Elemental Spells: The Good, The Normal, and The Clunky

If you've been around the Shaman community, you've seen some things. Forum posts lamenting the class as boring, in-game debates with warlocks over how annoying multi-dotters are, self-proclaimed...

Michelangelo 09-06-2013 08:42 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

Chibiharu

WoD - Alpha Info Dump

In my humble opinion, if they want to make Unleash Elements worth casting, it will need to either A) Do as much damage as a Lightning Bolt, in addition

Chibiharu 19-04-2014, 09:00 PM Go to last post
    LucianDK

WoD - Alpha Info Dump

Seems the devs is really trying to make us like the more under utilized spells in the Ele arsernal. Lava Spew have the same issue as Unleash Elements,

LucianDK 19-04-2014, 08:21 PM Go to last post
    Ike

WoD - Alpha Info Dump

Yeah, I coulda swore it only increased the direct damage portion of FS for some reason. Either way, with the way they keep on mentioning UE, it seems

Ike 19-04-2014, 06:55 PM Go to last post
    Purge

WoD - Alpha Info Dump

It's not a change. Consuming Unleash Flame with Flame Shock already buffs the DoT for its entire duration, and it always has.

Purge 19-04-2014, 06:28 PM Go to last post
    Ike

WoD - Alpha Info Dump

It's painful, the latest patch note change where they mentioned that UE would be good to use on the move for ele, because it would buff the entire duration

Ike 19-04-2014, 06:01 PM Go to last post